Luxe-pods on the Welsh Borders...
Luxury eco-pods for two, near Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, England
Each of our four self-catering luxe-pods has a private hot tub and terrace, set amongst seven acres in the beautiful Wye Valley in Herefordshire.
These idyllic self-catering retreats have been designed to combine modern living with the great outdoors - with their iconic curved walls, wall to ceiling windows and uninterrupted countryside views. They are surrounded by an orchard, meadow flowers and Corsican pine trees, and offer a choice of indoor and outdoor spaces to relax and unwind, as well as a glorious hot tub to sink into.
What to expect
- one ensuite bedroom with a handcrafted floating king size bed
- feather duvet and pillows, luxurious fluffy towels and pocket sprung mattresses
- spacious, open plan, fully equipped kitchen / living / dining area
- wood burning stove and underfloor heating
- adjoining cloakroom for boots and cots
- wifi throughout
- Travel cot available for infant or single duvet for child under 10 to sleep on sofa
- sliding glass doors open onto a partially covered wooden deck with a private hot tub
- spacious terrace with a BBQ firepit, table, chairs and lounging furniture
- woodland, secret willow garden - lovely spots for picnicking or reading
- At night the skies are exquisite – we’re located on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park, which is one of only a handful of locations worldwide which have ‘dark sky’ status, so the stargazing opportunities are second to none.
The Area Surrounding the Accommodation
The pods are 3 miles from the Welsh Border, and the town of Hay-on-Wye, with the peaks of the Brecon Beacons in the distance.
You will not be short of things to do and places to explore in the vicinity of Cynefin. Each pod has an information handbook with a wide variety of recommendations. A public footpath borders the site and leads up to the hills and down to the river. The Wye Valley Walk and Offa’s Dyke are close by. Hay-on-Wye, known as the `Town of Books’ and famous for its festival, is just three miles away. Hay has pretty, winding streets and independent shops and markets, as well as Hay Castle, which is well worth a visit. There are lots of coffee shops and gastropubs, and a choice of excellent food shops. The cathedral city of Hereford is 30 minutes away where you can visit the 13th century Mappa Munda or the Cider Museum. Other ideas of things to do include canoeing or swimming in the River Wye, horse riding in the Brecon Beacons, or exploring the Black Mountains.
Directions provided on booking.
Hay-on-Wye. 3 miles.
Hay-on-Wye. 3 miles. You can arrange for the local deli to deliver a food box and a complimentary hamper with goodies will be waiting on arrival.
Conditions of Rental
Minimum stay 2 nights. Bookings of 7 or more nights are eligible for a discount. Linen and towels are provided (including towels for the hot tub). One infant and/or one child 10 and under are welcome for an additional £20 per night. Travel cot and highchair provided at no extra charge, or one child can sleep on the sofa (single bedding provided). Pods are dog friendly (you can bring one dog per pod for a small extra fee) and with footpaths straight from your doorstep it’s a great place for your four-legged friends. Various additional services available - locally homemade birthday cakes, prosecco and flowers - please enquire for details.
Caring for our environment is important to us, and we have built the pods with the environment and our carbon footprint in mind. We used local people and service providers to help create Cynefin retreats. Each pod is very energy efficient (close to Passive Haus standard) and the hot tubs are heated using waste energy.
+44 (0)7908-978-477 – speak to Sue, our Reservations Manager
Back to Luxury Lodges & Glamping